WHAT IS THE RECOVERY PERIOD FOR SILHOUETTE SOFT THREADS?
The recovery period for a thread lift can vary depending on a variety of factors, and can be anywhere between a few days and up to two weeks. Typically, after a few days you will be ready to go back to work and your daily routine. There are some aftercare recommendations to take into considerations, to acquire the best results.
WHAT AFTERCARE IS NEEDED FOR SILHOUETTE SOFT THREAD LIFTS?
There are a variety of post-treatment recommendations to aid in recovery and to minimise any potential negative effects on the thread lift suspension sutures.
- Apply a cold pack immediately after the procedure if required
- Follow your practitioner’s recommendations if they prescribe any analgesic drug or painkillers
- No makeup to be worn for 24 hours
- Sleep face up, elevated on pillows (3-5 nights)
- Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing (5 days)
- Avoid over exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks)
- Avoid sports, in particular high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks)
- Avoid excessive facial movements (2 weeks)
- Do not use Turkish baths or saunas (3 weeks)
- Avoid dental surgery (3 weeks)
- Avoid facial massages and facial aesthetic treatments (4 weeks)
DO SILHOUETTE SOFT THREADS HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Threads can cause a minimal inflammatory reaction, due to the insertion of a foreign body into the skin. This is a well-known reaction and common to all minimally invasive aesthetic treatments. In some cases, patients can experience minor pain, as well swelling and bruising can also occur.
Slight depressions or skin irregularities and tightness of the skin can occur for a few days after the treatment. All these side effects are relatively short lived however, if you have any concerns following your treatment please do not hesitate to contact Duquessa.
HOW LONG WILL THE SILHOUETTE SOFT THREADS TREATMENT LAST?
A typical thread lift treatment will take approximately 45-60 minutes, depending on the quantity of sutures needed for the desired effect.
A thread lift provides long-term results due to the collagen stimulation in the tissue. We tailor a preferred timeline for post-treatment consultations to monitor the results and determine your satisfaction with the results. The longevity of the results varies amongst patients and these consultations are the best time to consult Duquessa if you have any queries about follow up treatments.
The thread method is a minimally invasive procedure and has a number of absolute and relative contraindications. Carrying out a thread rejuvenation is limited in such cases as:
- Acute inflammatory processes or skin diseases in the area of intervention;
- Acute respiratory viral infection;
- Any chronic diseases in their acute phase;
- Arterial hypertension;
- HIV infection, viral hepatitis;
- Autoimmune and somatic diseases;
- Hemophilia (bleeding disorders);
- Propensity to form keloid scars;
- Polyvalent allergy;
- Oncological diseases;
- Reception of anticoagulants, antiaggregants;
- Mental and neurotic disorders;
- Menstruation (1 week);
- Pregnancy, lactation;
- Previously introduced non-biodegradable injection materials, implants in the area of the procedure;
- Any other contraindications as decided by your Practitioner.